The first day of school is a strong moment of memories and nostalgia. At least for adults. Well, for some. Bad memories for most? Not for me. The back to school season was - and still is - one of my favorite moments of the year.
This year represents a very particular moment, as I present today my graduation final exam. I am leaving the world of students on the first day of school for French children. I like the concept. Future nostaglic memories to be created today!
To honor this moment of the year, here is a list of the tiny joys and nostalgic memories the first day of school brings back to me.
- Rush into the stationary shop and choose the notebooks, pens...
- Savour the very last days of summer holidays while preparing he first day of school
- Prepare the notebooks and cover the new books, symbol of the end of summer
- Think about all the summer memories to share with class mates
- Sort out the desk and prepare it to receive the very first homework
- Prepare the school bag the night before, and put it near the bed before going to sleep
- The electric breakfast, half anxious, half excited
- Carefully choose the outfit for this very special day
- The joy to see the class mates again after two months of vacation
- The scent of the new books and stationary
- The pinch at the moment of revealing this year's timetable
- The first class of each teacher, to discover what they look like
- Write the very first words on a blank sheet
- The feeling of relief after that many emotions, on the way back home
- Share this day with family around the dinner table...