31 December 2015

2015


Many will remember 2015 as a difficult year, for many reasons. Today, I'd rather practice gratitude and remember what was good about the past twelve months. Here is a short list.

  • Spending time with my loved ones, in happiness and in grief
  • The travels across lands and oceans
  • Meeting new people and starting new activities
  • Finally getting serious about writing fiction, finishing a science-fiction novel
  • Joining a book reviewer's club: meeting more people and reading more books 
  • Monsieur finding a job in Paris and moving into a new, bigger appartment
  • The long mornings drinking coffee under the sun
  • Lunches in terrasse and brunches with friends
  • Testing new recipes and gathering around good food
  • Finding the courage to call myself a writer

How was your 2015? Happy new year!

9 comments:

  1. I had ups and downs - it was a huge adjustment (not yet really completed) to retire from my career of 30 years and move to another country. But at this moment I feel excited and hopeful about what I have planned for 2016: more meditation, more mindful spending, less anxiety, more exercise, better eating, being in the moment. It feels like a challenge but an achievable one. Mostly I want to be honest with myself and face the moments of discomfort without seeking an escape or distraction. Like the song by JJ Goldman, La Pluie: Autant apprendre à marcher sous la pluie, le visage offert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year 2016! That's a very nice song quote, and a very true image, too! I admire your courage for this life change, and I hope you will grow and enjoy this experience. Your plans for 2016 sound perfect ;)

      Delete
  2. Ah! : ) Spice and Wolf! Excellent manga. <3 ~Anja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! I think this one is a novel from the universe of the manga, I still haven't had time to read it...

      Delete
    2. And happy new year by the way ;)

      Delete
  3. Happy new year, Kali! May 2016 bring you good things as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year to you too! I hope 2016 brings happiness, good moments with close ones and plenty of successful projects :)

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year Florie. May 2016 show you more adventures and new lands.

    And you are a writer. There is a saying about calling yourself a photographer. "Dont call your self a photographer. Call yourself an artist. And wait for the photographers you admire to call you brother." or something in those lines. I am sure most writers would embrace your words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are things in our life that is not eternal thus we stand still and never show weaknesses. This only means that we are strong enough to face everything either it is big or small. Visit my site for more good vibes and inspirational thoughts. Good day!

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete