As I'm just coming back from a business trip, I have planned this tiny little update on what makes me happy in summer. I think this is important to celebrate every season, even those we like less than others - for me, it's summer!
- Wearing colorful bikinis and swimming in deliciously fresh water
- Seasonal pampering tools: turquoise mini-brush, flashy nail polish, vanilla scented perfume
- The delicious feeling of fanning my face right after spraying fresh thermal water
- Sunglasses makes everything look cooler
- A few magazines to pick up here and there: on the train, by the pool, on a terrasse...
- Spraying timidly tanned legs with gold sparkling vegetal oil (I don't think it really makes much of a difference, but it makes me feel more confident to show these white legs of mine)
But summer is also a slow and empty city, cheerful colleagues and friends, apéros en terrasse around beer and cheese plates, barbecues, cold cucumber or tomato soups, afternoons at the park, sunkissed skin, poppy tops and bags, evening card games around a cold drink, ripe fruit and vegetables, week-ends away, lunches en terrasse, time to reflect and renew our energy, and more!
What's summer like to you? And for those on the other side of the world, what is it you like best about winter then?