23 October 2014

Forget Me Not // #3

At the Musée Rodin's Gardens // Personal Picture

I might not quite manage to keep it weekly, but I like how these Forget Me Not posts keep me grateful for the little things of life. Here are some little joys from this past month.

 #1: Enjoying the lights of sunny Autumn days.

Local Library re-opening.

#2: Going to the finally reopened local library and browse for books. Picking whatever suits my fancy, looking forward to reading today's picks.


That's a fish.

#3: Going to an Aquarium and discovering exotic fish (this one's a ray) with sparkles in my eyes.


The Canadian Bookstore

#4: Discovering a bookstore with a soul - reminding me of the Last Bookstore from the other side of the world. Also, this is a provider of second-hand English books.


Soupe de poissons

#5: Enjoying a slow week-end lunch with le fiancé. Reminiscing over childhood memories of fish soups.


La Sainte Chapelle

#6: Entering la Sainte Chapelle, early in the morning, privatized for an event. What a privilege it was to see this wonderful piece of art, empty and silent.


Also grateful for:
  • Supportive friends and family while I'm down the weather
  • Finally getting around to watch the Walking Dead. For the human psychology. And the zombies, of course.
  • October, pumpkins and orange everything. Longer evenings, scented candles and spicy teas.
  • A new recipe of pumpkin tart, light and tasty.
  • Getting to see the Hokusai exhibit at the Grand Palais in Paris. Well worth the wait. Also, seeing a man's life work of art makes me reflect on bigger motivations and projects. Not that I'm going to start drawing japanese styled paintings.
  • Found new style details that increased rotation of owned tops. Layering. More later. Maybe.

Let me know if these Forget Me Not posts are of any interest to you, I admit these are quite self oriented. What have you been grateful for lately?

17 comments:

  1. Bonjour, je réponds en français parce que je suis beaucoup plus à l'aise pour écrire dans cette langue, désolée ! Moi j'aime bien, c'est peut être "self oriented" mais je trouve ça très doux, très reposant... Et même si c'est personnel ça a forcément des échos dans la vie des autres (dans la mienne en tout cas : je me suis remise à lire et c'est clairement un bonheur).
    Et ça me conforte dans mon idée d'aller voir l'expo au grand palais, ça va me demander de l'organisation mais ça a l'air d'en valoir la peine !
    Donc merci de partager ça ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci beaucoup, ça me fait plaisir de lire que ces petites choses peuvent faire écho dans la vie des autres! Bon courage pour organiser la visite de l'expo Hokusai, apparemment c'est la dernière fois que toutes ces oeuvres seront en Europe, puisqu'il y a un centre Hokusai qui ouvre à Tokyo en 2015. Par contre l'expo fait une "pause" fin novembre je crois, donc attention aux horaires avant de réserver :)

      Delete
    2. OK je vais faire gaffe, merci pour l'info !

      Delete
  2. I love your forget-me-not posts and do hope you keep sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I shall keep sharing them then, even if I'm not diligent at keeping them weekly.

      Delete
  3. I adore these posts. You have such a refreshing perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although I don't tend to comment this posts, I do enjoy them very much and will be glad if you keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know! I see a lot of readers see value in these posts so even though they are more self oriented I'll keep sharing them regularly ;)

      Delete
  5. I love these posts! They are personal, but getting to see these little parts of people's days/personalities is such a fun part of interacting with others, especially since your situation is so different from mine.

    But I can definitely relate with loving libraries and aquariums. That ray is beautiful; there's just something about the shapes and patterns \colors on life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ray is wonderful, isn't it? This aquarium is a tropical fish specialized one at the Porte Dorée in Paris. There were a lot of families there, but adults can be impressed too. This ray is just one example of the wonderful fish we saw that day. That's also reassuring to see we can still be in awe in front of a fish at adult age :)

      Delete
  6. Great list! :) I discovered a bookstore in LA, too (though only got to visit it once) and managed to get two books that I think are great deals.

    P.S. I absolutely love that Foer novel. I think I might have to re-read it at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! "The Last Bookstore" is actually in LA, and that place is so fantastic. It's downtown, Spring street I believe. They have art galleries and second hand books on the first floor, and they participate in bi-monthly art walks in the neighborhood. If you live over there I'd definitely recommend to take a look there.

      Oh yes I just finished "extremely loud and incredibly close". It's been a long time since a book touched me that deeply. This author has real talent.

      Delete
  7. I so enjoy these posts! They are very inspiring and motivational in the very simplest of ways: learning to enjoy and savor all the little joys and pleasures, without being caught up in a consumerist cycle. Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know! I'm happy to hear this can be inspiring for other people to appreciate the little things more and enjoy the daily little things of life, that's the objective!

      Delete
  8. These posts are quite personal to you. Maybe they are not 'useful' per se. But it makes me immediately think of what i am grateful for. And though i may not pen it down, the exercise itself is valuable.

    - Archana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's precisely the objective: reminding myself, and maybe readers if they'd like, to be grateful for the little joyful things in their own life. I'm glad this works for you!

      Delete