I had a very interesting impro training at work yesterday, sparking a new post idea that needs to be refined and will be in the works for a few days. In the meantime, here are a few quick October notes and thoughts.
- I finally opened an Instagram account, a few years after everyone else. Is there an opposite for hipster? Like, doing things long after they were cool?Anyway, I've opened this one to follow other people, but I found myself caught in the instant pictures game.
- Have you seen this TED talk about the Cloud Appreciation Society? It sounds a bit weird presented like that, but I found there is a very interesting philosophy behind this movement - about appreciating not only sunny days but seeing the beauty of clouds. What about applying this to other life situations?
- My little joy of the moment is to try different variations of Autumn cakes: pumpkin + chestnuts + spices, or carrots + figs + cinnamon...
- The candle season has started. Even though I still light some during summer evenings, there is nothing like long cold Autumn nights to surround myself with cosy scented candles. I have been using Muji's various scents (love the Hinoki/Cedar wood one).
- Still experimenting with my new camera, I have posted some "mini-diaporama" on my French blog, I might post some selections here too if you are interested.