Maja has posted 8 facts about herself a couple of days ago, and challenged anyone interested in posting their own. So here are my 8 facts. I didn't know if that was supposed to be fun facts, interesting facts, confessions... So I did a jolly mix of weird and unrelated facts, whatever that tells about me.
1. I live in a 25m2 one bedroom appartment in the 11th arrondissement of Paris, that I share with my cat, Kinoa. I also have a (human) life partner, who works in another city.
2. Although I am a grown woman, marketers could call me a "hardcore gamer". I play the Xbox 360 several hours a week, and I enjoy shooting at stuff and slaying dragons, among other things. I even actually work in the gaming industry.
3. When I was a kid, I loved going to school and learning new things. My kindergarden teacher had to force me to go out and play with other kids during break time. Many other kids - and adults I suspect - thought I was weird. I still love learning new things, by the way (TED talks!)
4. My very first blog was called "Nihon Kiko" and was an everyday diary of my life in Japan, where I lived from September 2006 to August 2007.
5. I am turning 27 years old today.
6. I have a creative mind which likes to go in every direction: I started writing poems when I was 8 years old, I completed a crime novel lost in the limbs of time and windows 3.1, I draw some pencil sketches, I play the violin and write short stories based on my dreams.
7. Music confession: while I enjoy Jazz music, simple guitar tunes of folk and the raw, intense emotions generated by a master pianist or violonist, I have an unspoken passion for (sometimes heavy) metal.
8. I am exactly 1m56 tall, which is over 6cm below the French women average height, and no less than 15 cm below the Dutch average, according to Wikipedia. I have been at peace with that fact for a few years now, although as a teenager, I spoke about suing my parents for that DNA.
Bonus: I love reading research papers and tests of all sorts, and forming weird theories of all kinds. Since we are on the subject of personality facts, here is a free little personality test based on Jung's theories, that I find, to a scary extent, spot on. I would be an INTJ type, what are you?
Like Maja, I'm not going to tag anyone in particular for that little 8 facts challenge, but if you'd like to post 8 facts about yourself, please let me know in the comments, I'd love to read them.