30 January 2013

TED Playlists



I mentioned the TED website several times already, which I love because there are a lot of interesting talks, and because I like the concept of "Ideas Worth Spreading". I decided to write a quick post about it today, because they recently introduced the concept of playlists to their site.

I find the concept very interesting: TED now offers playlists of curated talks around selected themes. Given the fact that there are now over 500 talks available on the site, the playlists actually helped me discover new talks about subjects I'm interested in.

Some of them are curated by the TED crew themselves, but they also have guest playlists from well-known people. I haven't investigated the possibility to create my own playlist if I register to the site, but if this option is available that would be fantastic.

In the meantime, I can only strongly suggest you to take a look at their playlists and dig for some subjects that might be of interest to you.

Here is a short selection of mine:

What Makes Us Happy?
A Better You
Where Do Ideas Come From?
How Does My Brain Work?

Also embedded above, I selected a talk for you today, from Matthieu Ricard, a biochemist who became a Buddhist monk. He explains in great details what I tried to say in this post about happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment