29 October 2012

Donning the Autumnal Dress

Mont St-Odile, Alsace

Autumn is like a second spring, when every leaf is a flower.
-- Albert Camus

Although the temperature dropped to snowy this week-end here in France, I am not quite done singing praise to Autumn yet. Every year, I am equally amazed at the beautiful dress Nature dons when the Autumn days arrive. Rich and bright yellows, oranges, reds and browns vibrate in the changing landscape, and the low, quiet sun of Autumn brings their colours to the fullest.

It was to my delight that I discovered the Autumnal forests of Alsace this October, and this sublime view from the top of Mont Saint Odile. Can you really look at that kind of landscape and tell me Autumn sucks?


Mont St Odile - Mushrooms at the bottom of a tree

Sublimed by sunlight

Mont St Odile - A forest rich in colours

Autumnal soup at Chez Yvonne - Strasbourg

Paris - not quite as stunning as a forest, but still...

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for commenting on my blog! I'm enjoying going through your archives and reading your takes on minimalism and some of the backstories about Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my favourite season! I just hate winter :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Amanda - I've been following your blog for a long time but I'm usually a rather silent reader... I'm really happy that you enjoy my blog, thank you for letting me know!

    @Joy - Yes me too, I love everything about Autumn, I could write about its beauties every single day

    ReplyDelete